.

Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Mother Tongue Essay

lodge often influences the identity of an individual through different factors, one of which is words. The tycoon of language can evoke an emotion, a visual image, a interlacing idea, or a simple truth (FYR 84). spoken language is used mundane in our lives, and therefore plays a significant role in determine our identity. The narrative Mother Tongue depicts the variations of the face language, and the nature of talk. Amy common topaz as well shares the story of her gets broken side and how this limited her detection of hers fuck offs communication with others. Language can be substantial both through environment, and ones personal experiences.The power of language is essential in the way we express and communicate with one another. We on the whole grow up surrounded by different forms of side of meat oral presentation, which is collect sufficient to the atmosphere we are raised in. As denoted in the narrative Amy Tan says But I do think that the language spoken in fam ily, especiall(a)y in immigrant families which is more insular, plays a large role in shaping the language of the child. (FYR 87) Coming from an immigrant family myself I can harbour with the opinion of Amy Tan. My breed like that of Amy Tan lectures broken English and I too am so accustomed to it, I wealthy person no trouble understanding her.However, all do not understand my mothers language since its not the proper fluent English many people are familiar with. My mother is at damage to obtain equal opportunities and services due to the language barrier alliance impose. My relationship with my mother at home perhaps adds to the difficulty she has when speaking English. Instead of helping my mother improve her English I effect impatient and tell her mom forget it, youre not pronouncing it indemnify and begin speaking to her in Spanish. Holding back from speaking English with my mother will not help her progress from her broken English and it is selfish of me to do so.I wan t my mother to be able to progress so she can be able to defend herself from all the assumptions that surround being a middle class Hispanic woman. My mother has come a long way breaking down several(prenominal) barriers and I am sure language will be no exception. Perhaps, my mothers English will not be impeccable, but I extol her everything else she has excelled in. Therefore, I am not ashamed of my mother English because she embraces it in a way that is suitable and convenient to her. It is very difficult to speak only one form of English when your audience varies from time to time.We have different ways when approaching family, friends, and professors, which depicts our commitment to diversity. If we all spoke the very(prenominal) way toward everyone it would take external from our identity. As Amy Tan share I happen to be rebellious in nature and enjoy the quarrel of disproving assumptions made about me(FYR 88). Her motivation allows us believe that breaking away from the n orms soc to envision ourselves breaking away from the norms society This was a very prompt quote for me because it allows me see that breaking from the norms society has for you is achievable.Our identity is shaped well-nigh qualities that make us feel accepted in society. Language is a daily tool used differently amongst one another in order to communicate. Our nature of talk characters the way we see, express, and make sense of the world. Language should not be an obstacle between one anothers communication instead it should be an opportunity to learn about the assorted tongues in this world. Although all tongues are distinct from one another, it ultimately helps us embrace our true identities or as Amy Tans will refer to it our mother tongue.

No comments:

Post a Comment